Did you know that the last day of the month can be the biggest day in your business?
In fact, there’s a reason why big companies run their offers to end on the last day of the month, I’ll get into the psychology in just a moment.
In the meantime.
I’ll never forget managing for a gym in London and I had a horrific conference call with my regional manager on the last day of the month.
He said: “What percentage are you on for the month?”
My response: “52% of target.”
Yep, the gym had a horrific month and we had only managed half of our sales target.
After the conference call, I held a meeting with my team and reminded them “to have fun and enjoy the last day of the month, because I knew they had done their best.
I had zero expectation to get anywhere close to our monthly sales target.
However, we also discussed:
- Leaving no stone unturned
- Following up with every potential customer who’d visited the gym
- Confidently asking for a “yes” or “no” from every customer
- Not attaching any emotion to the “yes” or “no”. Instead, simply enjoying the process
- Writing a list of the top 10 potential customers who’d visited the gym that month and having a follow up plan
- Remembering that anything is possible
A few hours later, the team made the first sale.
Then, another and another and another.
The sales manager said “Pete, we are on 17 sales already.”
I did the quick maths and realised we had already done more than 30% of our monthly target…. In a few hours!
By this stage, the team knew they could turn a terrible month, into a success story.
We ended the day on 102% of target for the month and 40+ sales for the day.
Yep – That’s half of the entire month sales target, in just one day.
Anything is possible and the last day of the month can be your biggest day in your business.
- Payday for many customers/clients
- A definitive end to one chapter and the opening of a new chapter
- A perfect reason to gain a definitive “yes” or “no” from those clients who’ve been ‘interested’ but haven’t yet committed
You see, most businesses aren’t even aware of the potential of the last day of the month.
Many business owners treat today just like any other day, hence missing countless opportunities and leaving thousands in sales on the table.
You don’t need to be (and shouldn’t be) pushy.
Today is the opportunity for you and your team to shine, to serve your clients on a deeper level and ultimately…
Make the offer!
Close this month strong and have fun.
You’ve got this.